Sunday, January 13, 2013

Real Wedding Q&A


Christie and Patrick's wedding is the definition of southern charm and elegance...


Q.  How did you meet your fiancé?

A.  I met my fiancé/husband in high school, but we never dated, we just had a "thing." Technically, I wasn't allowed to date him because my dad thought he was too wild, but everyone grows up and we started talking again in college. We would get together during the breaks and when we were finally back in Jacksonville, we gradually began dating. We were engaged on June 25, 2011! It was such an exciting day!



Q.  How did you choose the location for your wedding? What type of venue were you looking for?

A.  I was looking for a southern venue that had characteristics of old Florida! Patrick and I are very laid back and I wanted a relaxed, comfortable wedding. I knew that we would have many children there and we both have a lot of family. Having the indoor/outdoor reception was perfect for my guests!


Q. Who designed your bridal gown? Where was it purchased?

A.  My bridal gown was designed by Allure Bridal and it was purchased from the Bridal Shoppe at the Avenues.


Q. What was your favorite part of the day?

A.  This is a hard question and I really have not thought about that until now, but I think it would have to be the moment I saw Patrick. I'm sure every bride feels that way, but it really was indescribable. There was another moment when Patrick and I were standing in front of our bridal party and I turned back to look at them. That was a beautiful sight - being surround by our 5 brothers, our cousins, and best friends. I felt overwhelmed to have such a sweet support system willing and excited to stand by us on our special day. Oh and the last dance when everyone else was getting ready for the exit. It was just us and the band and the dance floor. I would encourage every bride to do that. I'll never forget how quiet and sweet that was.



Q. What inspired you when you were planning your big day?

A.  The South, Old Florida, lace...


Q.  What advise do you have for other brides?

A.  Relax. It is only a day and it flies by. Go with your instinct. Patrick thought a few things I planned were a little corny and they ended up being some of the highlights of his day. Most importantly, the wedding is such a wonderful experience, but just remember that you're working towards a happy marriage. I tried to keep that my main priority. At the end of the day, I knew it wasn't as much about a wedding as it was about me taking home a husband and that was the most perfect part.



See more photos!

Venue: Ribault Club
Photographer: Brooke Images
Bridesmaids Dresses: LulaKate from Bella Bridesmaid Jacksonville
Event Design: A White Veiled Occasion

No comments:

Post a Comment