Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Meet & Greet: Bridget, owner of Pittsburgh.

We caught up with Bridget, owner of our lovely new Pittsburgh boutique about her decision to open a Bella Bridesmaid! Here is what she had to say...


BB: What was your career before becoming a Bella Bridesmaid owner, and what attracted you to the franchise?

Prior to joining Bella I worked in marketing for Heinz North America.  I enjoyed my job, but I always wanted to own a business.  I shopped at Bella Bridesmaid in Nashville for my wedding, and I always thought it was such a great business model – and looked like fun!  Last year I had a baby and that put my career into a whole new perspective!  Once I started researching the Pittsburgh bridal market it quickly became obvious to me that the city desperately needed a Bella Bridesmaid.   I’ve only been open for a few months and I’ve already seen many brides who are so excited that they can finally find all of these great designers in their hometown. 


BB: What are you most looking forward to with owning your own boutique?

I love the feeling of true ownership.  It really makes your job fun!  I also love working with the brides and seeing how their faces light up when they find that perfect dress.  I am looking forward to seeing their wedding pictures!


BB: What is your idea of a perfect night out on the town? Which one of our dresses would you wear, and how would you style it?

My husband and I are foodies, especially after both working at Heinz.  We love to try out new restaurants and luckily Pittsburgh has a good culinary scene.  I am completely obsessed with Ceremony by Joanna August, so I’d wear the Dani Long dress in I Want Candy and accessorize with Kendra Scott’s Danielle earrings.  Perfect for spring and summer!


BB: Fave celebrity wedding dresses?

I loved Jessica Simpson’s Vera Wang lace gown, so much so that I wore a similar one for my own wedding (Vera’s “Stephanie”).  I also love Ivanka Trump’s gown - so elegant and timeless.  Clearly, I’m a lace gal!


BB: How would you describe your own personal style?

Classic and colorful!  I love bright, bold colors!  I try to be hip and cool but I always end up reverting back to J.Crew.  I like to wear classic pieces with trendy accessories. 

BB: Favorite place traveled?

Las Ventanas in Cabo San Lucas.  We went there for our honeymoon, and every day I think to myself, when can we go back?


BB: Beauty product you can’t live without?

Good skin makes for an easy palette, so I splurged on La Mer face products a few months ago and I will never use any other brand.  It’s pricey, but it’s 100% worth it!


BB: Favorite real housewife?

There are too many to choose from!  I watch all of the shows (major guilty pleasure).  It’s like trying to pick a favorite child.  If I must choose, I do love Lisa Vanderpump.  Her one-liners are impeccably timed, dahhling.



BB: Everyday wear item? ie: pair of earrings, fave cardigan, scarf?

I love arm candy, and I don’t leave home without my J. Crew pave link bracelet.  I also have a collection of Bar III boyfriend blazers from Macy’s.  Perfect to wear over many of my Bella dresses!



BB: Favorite quote or expression?

"Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win." -- Bob Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment