Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Real Wedding Q&A

 

How did you meet your Fiance? 

We actually both went to Clemson, but the funny thing was, we never knew each other there at school. Brian is 3 years older than I am, but he stayed to attend grad school (which I think was really just an excuse for two more football seasons), so for the four years I was there, he was also there for three of them. We both moved to Charleston shortly thereafter, and actually met at a mutual friends' wedding (the best place to meet, right?!)

Tell us about the proposal!!

It was really sweet - mostly because looking back, I could see all the hard work that Brian put into it to make it special-he knew exactly how I would want it As you can probably infer from the statement above, we are both pretty big Clemson fans. We both went to school there, and I actually grew up in Clemson as well. We we're heading up to town for the weekend for a football game, and Brian actually proposed on my parents' back patio over a fire and two glasses of wine. What's even better, is that both of our families were hiding out next door ready to celebrate with us, and he had coordinated with all of our best friends to come into town for a big party that night. It was awesome- one of the best nights yet!


How did you choose the location for your wedding?

Ever since I was a little girl, I know I wanted to get married in the church I grew up in. Its beautiful, and I have just always imagined walking down the aisle to say "I Do." Brian made the choice pretty easy, because he might even love the town of Clemson more than I do. We knew we wanted to get married in the spring, where we could take advantage of the beautiful weather not-too-hot temperatures (which is a relief from the usual climate we live in down here in Charleston!)


How did you decide on your bridesmaids dresses? Tell us about your experience at Bella!

Allison was absolutely wonderful, and I had already had so many great experiences with Bella prior, that I didn't even consider going anywhere else for them. I had basically designed my color palette and scheme by the time I arrived to try on dresses (With my maid and matron of honor with me), and Allison was so great to help me narrow down the choices to the Lula Kate matte silk gown. It was gorgeous on all of my maids (they made it pretty easy- there are all beautiful!) and I thought the color just made the wedding.


Who designed your bridal gown? Where did you get it? 

My gown was an Amsale, and I absolutely loved it. It was one of those moments where I came out in it, and the look on both my mom and sister's faces said "That's It."

Jodie at White on Daniel Island was fabulous, and she was so creative in helping me change a few small things about the dress to make it completely "me."


What was your favorite part of the day? 

The excitement and anticipation of the whole day was so fun. I loved getting ready all day with all of my favorite people (except one, of course), but then the excitement to open the doors and walk down the aisle to see my groom was like no other feeling. And his face once I got to him at the end of the aisle is one that I will never forget-so special.

 
What inspired you when you were planning your big day? 

Just knowing that this was a once in a lifetime party that we were throwing for all of the people we love most, and that we wanted them -and of course ourselves- to enjoy it immensely. And we did just that :)


What advise do you have for other brides? 

Enjoy the planning as much as you can- and don't sweat the small stuff! I know it's so much easier said than done, but once that big day nears, the small details don't seem to matter as much, and you realize on the big day that everything is indeed perfect, no matter what!


Bridal gown: White on Daniel Island, http://amsale.com/bridal/#blythe
Photographer: Jarrad Lister
Bridesmaid Dresses: LulaKate via Bella Bridesmaid Charleston

No comments:

Post a Comment