Monday, April 16, 2012

Meet & Greet: Carrie, owner of St. Louis



An ace at crunching numbers, a devoted fan of the Chi hair straightener, and aspirations to be the next winner of The Amazing Race… St. Louis owner, Carrie Lowery always keeps us on our toes! This amazing lady opened up her Bella store in October 2010 after deciding to leave her CPA desk job to embark on brand new adventure…the world of bridesmaids! Since making this career change, Carrie has been keeping busy with her Missouri brides and their lovely maids but was able to sit and chat with us a little more about life since owning Bella…





BB: What was your career before becoming a Bella Bridesmaid owner, and what attracted you to the franchise?

C: I am a CPA so I worked in public accounting and Ernst & Young for a few years out of college. I then moved to the corporate side of things and worked as a CPA at Ameren – St. Louis’ electric and gas utility company. I heard about the concept of Bella Bridesmaid through a good friend of mine from college who happens to be the sister-in-law of Erin Wolf, the lovely co-owner of the Chicago and Milwaukee Bellas. Right away I knew it was an amazing concept and something that St. Louis desperately needed! I talked to Erin and she suggested that I look into the opportunity of opening my very own Bella boutique in St. Louis. I left the world of cubicles and spreadsheets and have not looked back since. I had no idea what I was in for, but it has been an amazing and rewarding few years!


BB: What is the most memorable moment so far in owning your boutique?

C: My most memorable moment so far is probably my trip to NYC for Bridal Market this past Fall. It was so much fun to meet all the other store owners and put a face with all the store names! It was also my first trip to NYC so that made it even more exciting.

BB: What is your idea of a perfect night out on the town? Which one of our dresses would you wear, and how would you style it?

C: Perfect night out on the town would be dinner and drinks with my husband and our friends. I would wear my LulaKate Bridget Dress in Navy Faille and pair it with a great pair of gold shoes!

Image by Carolyn Snell via People



BB: Fave celebrity wedding dress?

C: I think I would have to say Renee Zellweger’s Carolina Herrara gown. I know her marriage to Kenny Chesney didn’t last very long, but her dress left a lasting impression on me. It was amazing. It was understated yet elegant and simply stunning!







BB: How would you describe your own personal style?

C: I would describe my own personal style as classic or simple with a twist! I love pairing simple dresses or tops with a killer necklace or scarf to give my look some pizazz!

BB: Favorite guilty pleasure?

C: A night at home on the couch watching TV and completely zoning out.

BB: Fave reality show? 

C: The Amazing Race – I would die to be on that show.

BB: Must have beauty item? 

C: My Chi flat iron…I have extremely thick hair and could not live without my hair straightener!


Image via HawaiiW


BB: Dream vacation spot? 

C: Maui, Hawaii…my husband and I honeymooned there 4 ½ years ago and I have been dying to go back ever since.

BB: Fave daily blog read? 

C: The Bella Bridesmaid blog, of course!






Now... For This & That!
Image via AOLTV

Real Housewives of OC or Beverly Hills? OC all the way!

Facebook or Twitter? – Neither, I know I would waste way too much time if I joined either.

Green tea or skinny latte? – Neither…I know, I’m boring.

Brangelina or Justifer? – Justifer

Lady Gaga or Adele? – Adele…I am such a sucker for her accent.

       
                   Thank you Carrie!

No comments:

Post a Comment