Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Meet & Greet: Christa, owner of Orlando Bella Bridesmaid





We love, love, love our Bella girls! That’s why we couldn’t wait to chitchat with Christa Edgar of the Orlando Bella Bridesmaid. Christa eagerly joined the Bella team in January 2010, while we happily accepted her with open arms. We were itching to know a little more about Christa, so she eased our curiosity by revealing some of her experiences before and after she became a fabulous Bella gal!








BB: What were you doing before becoming a Bella Bridesmaid owner?

C: I worked at Delta Airlines from 1998 - 2007 as a flight attendant for 2 years and then as a Learning Facilitator in Flight Attendant Training for 7 years in Atlanta, GA.

Allison and Christa
BB: Why did you want to become part of the Bella franchise?

C: I saw how great of an opportunity it would be to own a Bella franchise after seeing my friend, Allison Long (co-owner of Charleston and Jacksonville), in love with owning and operating her stores. She inspired and encouraged me to move forward with the opportunity to be able to open my own Bella boutique. Even though I had to leave my hometown of Atlanta for the first time in my life, I knew this was an opportunity I could not pass up to open the boutique in Orlando!

BB: What is the most memorable moment so far in your boutique?

C: A mother and daughter were in my store to see the Saja wedding gowns. When the daughter put on one gown in particular, tears came to her eyes as well as her mom's and saw a moment between the two of them that was very special. It is not often that I get to experience the
"wedding gown moment", so this was memorable.

Christa attending a wedding in Charleston





BB: What are your favorite bridesmaid dresses that are hanging in your personal closet?


C: Out of eight weddings that I have been in as a bridesmaid, I only have 1 in my closet because most of them were so long ago I do not have them any longer. The one I do have is the LulaKate "Christy" I wore for a best friend's wedding in October 2010 in Charleston.













Image by Getty Images via Real Simple


BB: What is your fave celebrity wedding dress?

C: I loved Jenna Bush's Oscar de la Renta wedding gown!




BB: What's your go to dress for a busy Saturday in the shop?

C: Any Amsale chiffon or LulaKate silk shantung.




Christa (far right) with owners of NYC, NJ, Atlanta, Jacksonville and Charleston






BB: What is the best wedding trend you've seen recently?

C: The mix and match of complimentary colors in different styles but from the same designer!


Thanks so much Christa!





                                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment